Membership General Qualification:
Any Muslim who pledges agreement with and commitment to the beliefs and purpose of the
Corporation, according to Section 3 of the Bylaws, shall be eligible to apply for membership in the
Corporation upon attaining the age of sixteen (16), if they regularly attend (averaging at least twice
monthly) Jummah prayer at the Mosque of the Corporation, or are living in Doña Ana County or its
adjacent counties and regularly attending the Mosque.
Benefits of becoming a registered member
- Voting in annual general assembly meeting
- Nominate members to the Board of Directors
- Serving on the Board of Directors
- Your membership dues are going to cover the utility expenses and basic overhead of the of the mosque.
Any Muslim who wishes to be a member of the Corporation (a "Member") may complete and submit the
application adopted by the Board of Directors (the "Board") for that purpose.
Dues and Assessments:
- The members for dues purpose are of two (2) types, with no difference in membership benefits:
- Type 1: Individuals employed full time and residing in the area, amount to be set by the Board
not less than $25 per month.
- Type 2: Students and those who have not established full time employment, amount to be set
by the board, not less than $5 per month.
- Those who meet an impartial, financial-need criteria set by the Board can have dues waived partially or
in full, if participating actively in the Mosque: all such applications are confidential.
- According to the by-laws Section 4(f)(ix): membership will be in suspension and not in good
standing if dues are delinquent for over three months.